A 14 year-old boy was recently raped at knife-point by a 20 year-old woman. When the story broke, it was primarily men who claimed he should have enjoyed it. It was feminists who validated his pain and spoke in support of him.
This is why we need feminism.
things i needed to hear in health class:
- puberty might make you squishier and its ok
- vaginas have a smell and it’s ok
- all kinds of people with all kinds of bodies have gr8 sex
- genitals do not all look the same and variety is rad
- people have stretch marks sometimes
- people have pimples on their butts sometimes
- people have cellulite sometimes
- gender =/= sex
- sex =/= scary danger FEAR
- bodies aren’t scary or gross or sacred
- everything is ok
"Realize that anyone who tries to put you down about your appearance is assuming that it is your job to please them visually. Once you realize that it isn’t your job to be visually pleasing to anyone, ever, it becomes very hard for anyone to make you feel bad about yourself."
What do we want from a relationship partner?
1. Someone who’s trustworthy and safe
2. Someone who accepts us unconditionally
3. Someone who encourages us to be all we can be
4. Someone who’s understanding, and is caring and kind
5. Someone who’s respectful and who treats us properly
6. Someone who’s consistent, and always keeps their word
7. Someone who is positive, and fun to be around.
"When you choose to forgive those who have hurt you, you take away their power."
when a friend is sad
if you are ever sad/stressed/anything and you need to vent, my ask box is always open! (you can send fanmail too if you can)
don’t worry, i won’t publish any of these i recieve
I actually did this to a friend once, except it was a bunch of stuffed animals and stress ball
Just to get this straight, in this double page spread there are:
- Fat women
- Of different races
- Who are unedited (note the stomach and the rolls)
- And are being praised for being the weight they are (and eating what they want)
- While they are all being quotes talking about being healthy at any weight
I mean, this still isn’t perfect, but this is pretty damned impressive for a mainstream tabloid.
"if you had a friend who spoke to you in the same way you sometimes speak to yourself, how long would you allow that person to be your friend?"
"Growth is painful. Change is painful.But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong."